from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make dirty; soil. See Synonyms at contaminate.
- transitive v. To cast aspersions upon; speak badly of.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make foul; to soil.
- v. To entangle or run against so as to impede motion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make foul; to soil.
- transitive v. To entangle or run against so as to impede motion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make foul; cover with filth; soil; tarnish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. spot, stain, or pollute
Sorry, no etymologies found.