from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To deal with clumsily or inefficiently; mismanage.
- transitive v. To treat roughly; maltreat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To handle badly, causing physical injury.
- v. To handle incorrectly, to make a mistake in handling a thing or situation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To handle ill or wrongly; to maltreat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To maltreat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. manage badly or incompetently
- v. make a mess of, destroy or ruin
From mis- + handle. (Wiktionary)