American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To make cruel, harsh, or unfeeling.
- v. To treat cruelly or harshly.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make brutal, coarse, gross, or inhuman; lower to the level of a brute.
- To become brutal, inhuman, or coarse and beastly.
- Also spelled brutalise.
- v. alternative spelling of brutalise.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To make brutal; beasty; unfeeling; or inhuman.
- v. rare To become brutal, inhuman, barbarous, or coarse and beasty.
- v. make brutal, unfeeling, or inhuman
- v. become brutal or insensitive and unfeeling
- v. treat brutally
- brutal + -ize. (Wiktionary)
“At least in the 18th century they knew what 'brutalize' meant. porkbelly”
“(It's annoying in this context that the normally meticulous Nicolson repeatedly misuses the term "brutalize," only once getting it right.)”
“But in its closing laps, Angels & Demons makes up the distance with a series of twists that brutalize science and faith, character and continuity, and anything approximating narrative coherence.”
“The 3' x 2' placard read: "The U.S. Gov. allows police to illegally murder and brutalize African-Americans and Hispanic people.”
“She turned out ok and we didn't need to brutalize her to do it.”
“America cannot leave because, as the iconic Time cover had it, the Taliban will cut off women's noses and brutalize them in other ways.”
“In one kitchen, a Serbian paramilitary must brutalize a Muslim woman in order to avoid being killed by his fellow soldiers.”
“Unlike the police and other domestic security forces that Mubarak used to brutalize his political foes, the armed forces are seen by many Egyptians as their protectors and saviors.”
“Even scarier is when socialists actually achieve the power for redistribution and use it to captivate the masses and brutalize the few as the German National Socialist (NAZI) party did in the 1930's.”
“Or simply that we should brutalize the most productive because the poor are poor?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘brutalize’.
words associated with the macabre & horror.
( open list, randomness )
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for brutalize.