from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make cruel, harsh, or unfeeling.
- transitive v. To treat cruelly or harshly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of brutalise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make brutal; beasty; unfeeling; or inhuman.
- intransitive v. To become brutal, inhuman, barbarous, or coarse and beasty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make brutal, coarse, gross, or inhuman; lower to the level of a brute.
- To become brutal, inhuman, or coarse and beastly.
- Also spelled brutalise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make brutal, unfeeling, or inhuman
- v. become brutal or insensitive and unfeeling
- v. treat brutally
brutal + -ize. (Wiktionary)