from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To lower in quality or character; debase.
- transitive v. To declare or prove (someone) to be a bastard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To claim or demonstrate that someone is a bastard, or illegitimate.
- v. To reduce from a higher to a lower state; to debase.
- v. To introduce debased elements into.
- v. To beget out of wedlock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make or prove to be a bastard; to stigmatize as a bastard; to declare or decide legally to be illegitimate.
- transitive v. To beget out of wedlock.
- transitive v. to change something (for example, art forms) so that its value declines; to debase.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To declare or prove to be a bastard; stigmatize as a bastard.
- To beget out of wedlock.
- To render mongrel or hybrid; make degenerate; debase: as, “a bastardized race of the Romans,”
- To become degenerate.
- Also spelled bastardise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. change something so that its value declines; for example, art forms
- v. declare a child to be illegitimate
bastard + -ize (Wiktionary)