from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make unnatural.
- transitive v. To deprive of the rights of citizenship.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To revoke or deny citizenship.
- v. To make less natural; to cause to deviate from its nature.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render unnatural; to alienate from nature.
- transitive v. To renounce the natural rights and duties of; to deprive of citizenship; to denationalize.
- transitive v. same as denature.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render unnatural; alienate from nature.
- To deprive of naturalization or acquired citizenship in a foreign country.
- To deprive of citizenship; denationalize; expatriate.
- Same as denaturize.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. strip of the rights and duties of citizenship
- v. make less natural or unnatural
Sorry, no etymologies found.