American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A course of violent, frenzied behavior or action.
- v. To move about wildly or violently.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A leaping or jumping about, as from anger or excitement; violent or furious movement; excited action of any kind: as, to be on the rampage; to go on a rampage.
- To act or move in a ramping manner; spring or rush violently; rage or storm about.
- To run or prance about; move springily or friskily; romp; riot.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Prov. or Low Violent or riotous behavior; a state of excitement, passion, or debauchery.
- v. Prov. or Low To leap or prance about, as an animal; to be violent; to rage.
- v. act violently, recklessly, or destructively
- n. violently angry and destructive behavior
- From Middle English ramp ("rave, rush wildly about"), from Old French ramper. (Wiktionary)
- Scots, possibly from ramp2. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The social media rampage is a big boost for social networks, giving the insight of interactivity abilities within social networks.”
“Someone on a homicidal rampage is by definition outnumbered, and usually not as well trained as the police who will arrive in a few minutes.”
“Nidal malik Hasans deadly rampage is a wakeup call for all Americans”
“How nobody's gone on a murderous rampage is beyond me.”
“Im 20 years old and im about to go on a fuckin rampage here.”
“The story of their rampage is not really the focus of the story, though it easily could be -- and would have been it this were a made-for-TV piece of schlock.”
“With all due respect, this loonie's rampage is only international news because it's a Jewish organization that was shot up by a deranged guy who happened to be a lousy Muslim.”
“To equate their actions with McCarthy's rampage is as wrong as painting each American progressive or Communist as a Stalinist agent.”
“And the usage of the word rampage .... more like college kids on spring break or something. desjardins, the mumbaihelp blog was something of a central switchboard for people trying to reach their friends and relatives in past attacks and crises in the area.”
“Gunmen open fire in Iraq market 'rampage' - kill 55 in Iraq attack”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rampage’.
A marque list for cars--models or companies who've used common words as their name.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
Just add P!
With due homage to this glist
Trivet also has this list, which you should go see. And then I found this list, and this list...
If it's not ...
verbs Adj Adv noun
If I've seen it, heard it, or marvelled at it, I'll stick it here.
This is a collection of words I love, old ones that I love the sound of when I repeat them for years and new ones coined in news articles on up and coming trends and technologies - most of them I k...
Rebellious destruction, police and protestors, or just angry mobs.
Looking for tweets for rampage.