from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A riotous disturbance; a noisy quarrel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A noisy quarrel or fight.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An uproar; a quarrel; a noisy outbreak.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A vexation or annoyance; also, a disturbance; a row or rumpus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of making a noisy disturbance
Possibly alteration of insurrection.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Possibly a shortening and modification of insurrection. (Wiktionary)