from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To appropriate wrongly: misappropriating the theories of social science.
- transitive v. To appropriate dishonestly for one's own use; embezzle.
- transitive v. To use illegally.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To use something wrongly, or illegally
- v. To embezzle
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To appropriate wrongly; to use for a wrong purpose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To appropriate wrongly; put to a wrong use: as, to misappropriate funds intrusted to one.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. appropriate (as property entrusted to one's care) fraudulently to one's own use
Sorry, no etymologies found.