from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To use or apply wrongly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To apply incorrectly; to misuse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To apply wrongly; to use for a wrong purpose
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make an erroneous application of; apply or dispose of wrongly: as, to misapply a name or title; to misapply one's talents or exertions; to misapply public money.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. apply to a wrong thing or person; apply badly or incorrectly
mis- + apply (Wiktionary)