from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To fly over (a particular area or territory) in an aircraft or spacecraft.
- transitive v. To fly beyond or past; overshoot: The plane overflew the runway and crashed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To fly over something.
- v. To fly too far past something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To cross or pass over by flight.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pass over, across, or beyond in flight; outstrip; outsoar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. fly over
Sorry, no etymologies found.