from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. By virtue of this act, decree, bulletin, or document; by this means.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. By this means, action or process.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. By means of this.
- adv. Close by; very near.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Near by; not far off.
- By this; by means of this.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. (formal) by means of this
here + by (Wiktionary)