from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The 23rd letter of the Greek alphabet. See Table at alphabet.
- n. Parapsychological phenomena or abilities considered as a group.
- abbr. pounds per square inch
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The twenty-third letter of Classical and Modern Greek and the twenty-fourth letter of Old and Ancient Greek.
- n. A form of psychic energy.
- Pounds per square inch (an imperial unit of pressure)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Greek letter,
Ψ, ψ. It belongs to the Ionic alphabet, and stands for ps or phs. The character may be a modification of Φ, φ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 23rd letter of the Greek alphabet
- n. a unit of pressure
Middle English, from Late Greek, from Greek psei.
Shortening and alteration of parapsychological.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek ψῖ, the name for the twenty-third letter of the alphabet (Ψ, ψ). (Wiktionary)