from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Beyond the range of normal experience or scientific explanation: such paranormal phenomena as telepathy; a medium's paranormal powers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That which cannot be explained by scientific methods.
- adj. Supernatural.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to parapsychology; pertaining to forces or mental processes, such as extrasensory perception or psychokinesis, outside the possibilities defined by natural or scientific laws.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. seemingly outside normal sensory channels
- adj. not in accordance with scientific laws
para- (“above, beyond; abnormal”) + normal; compare supernatural. (Wiktionary)