American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Beyond the range of normal experience or scientific explanation: such paranormal phenomena as telepathy; a medium's paranormal powers.
- adj. That which cannot be explained by scientific methods.
- adj. Supernatural.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to parapsychology; pertaining to forces or mental processes, such as extrasensory perception or psychokinesis, outside the possibilities defined by natural or scientific laws.
- adj. seemingly outside normal sensory channels
- adj. not in accordance with scientific laws
- para- (“above, beyond; abnormal”) + normal; compare supernatural. (Wiktionary)
“The book itself goes along the lines of paranormal romance and urban fantasy, settling for the title paranormal suspense.”
“When considering these and other unconventional scientific topics, it might be useful for science journalists to abandon the term paranormal and think about aspects of them that may be normal and natural, and therefore worthy of normal journalistic inquiry.”
“The discovery was made Friday night when the Brooke County Paranormal Society visited the mansion to conduct what they call a paranormal investigation, something they do frequently at different locations.”
“He argues that perhaps the strongest single drive in human beings is what he calls the paranormal belief imperative.”
“I'm not sure what the word "paranormal" is supposed to mean, other than phenomena that you personally believe don't exist.”
“Paula: I wasn’t trying to insult with the term paranormal romance.”
“Everybody's haunted by something, even people who think the paranormal is stupid.”
“The combination of mystery and paranormal is a fond personal favorite, and a reimagining of this story is one I think I would have fun with, from both a creative and a viewer standpoint.”
“And since paranormal is a fave of mine, I figure if authors can write about demons and werewolves and vampires mating with humans, then I'd think writing about other cultures would be a snap.”
“I'm not a big believer in paranormal activity, but this phrase makes me laugh and describes almost exactly the way these things make me feel: mystified and curmudgeonly.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘paranormal’.
It's an odd-looking pattern in English. Please add words if it makes you happy. :) K-POW! Wow @gulyasrobi!
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
My big word list.
transformational, entryway words: thresh(hold), fresh relief
A list of miscellaneous words, fitting in no exact theme, that I happen to enjoy.
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
words for your grimiore
Looking for tweets for paranormal.