from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of another world, especially a mystical or transcendental world: "The effect was dreamy, otherworldy” ( Gioia Diliberto).
- adj. Devoted to the world of the mind; concerned with intellectual or imaginative things.
- adj. Concerned with an afterlife, especially when inattentive to the present.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, concerned with, or preoccupied with a different world than that of the tangible here and now, such as a heavenly, spiritual, or imaginary world.
- adj. Not belonging to the real world; unnatural; odd and unfamiliar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. existing outside of or not in accordance with nature.
- adj. Not worldly; preparing for or concerned primarily with the afterlife; -- of people.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Governed in this life by motives relating to the consideration of existence in another and better world.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. existing outside of or not in accordance with nature
otherworld + -ly (Wiktionary)