Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Disembodied. Not embodied; not collected into a body; as, unembodied militia.
- adj. Incorporeal; not possessed of a body.
- adj. .
- adj. especially of armed multitudes Not united in a regimented structure; lacking structure and order.
- adj. Existing or operating without involvement by the body; solely mental or intellectual; “ungrounded”, “heady”.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Free from a corporeal body; disembodied.
- adj. Not embodied; not collected into a body; not yet organized.
- adj. not having a material body
- un- + embodied (Wiktionary)
“The beauty of colour is also the outcome of a unification: it derives from shape, from the conquest of the darkness inherent in Matter by the pouring-in of light, the unembodied, which is a Rational-Principle and an”
“This makes it all the more evident that the unembodied is the free; to this our self-disposal is to be referred; herein lies our will which remains free and self-disposing in spite of any orders which it may necessarily utter to meet the external.”
“I hope so, given that the unidentified, unembodied, possibly deceased designer has an inordinate fondness for bacteria, “irreducibly complex” flagella and all. fnxtr replied to comment from Roger”
“I hope so, given that the unidentified, unembodied, possibly deceased designer has an inordinate fondness for bacteria, “irreducibly complex” flagella and all.”
“Then they apply that inference to potential candidates – human beings, chimps, neurological connections, ETI, panspermia directors, human-like minds, unembodied intelligent beings, etc.”
“Adler claims that purity must make sense in human terms, where women regularly bleed, not in terms of an unembodied God.”
“(Alasta bi Rabbi — kum); fand they produce a grand vision of unembodied spirits appearing in countless millions before their Creator.”
“Like human designers, the unembodied designers of MDT are constrained by the media with which they must work.”
“Well then, good wishes to RBH for his continuing research on "˜empirically-based inferences about the intentions of" ¦ unembodied designers! ”
“It may even be possible to make empirically-based inferences about the intentions of the several designers: the telos of individual unembodied designers may be empirically accessible to us.”
‘unembodied’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for unembodied.