from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not of this world; spiritual.
- adj. Concerned with matters of the spirit or soul.
- adj. Not wise to the ways of the world; naive: "This now is the story of an unworldly young scientist” ( John Simon).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the spiritual as opposed to the material.
- adj. Unconcerned with secular matters.
- adj. Lacking sophistication.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not worldly; spiritual; holy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not worldly; not influenced by worldly or sordid motives; spiritual.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not concerned with the temporal world or swayed by mundane considerations
- adj. not wise in the ways of the world
Sorry, no etymologies found.