from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the qualities of gallantry and honor attributed to an ideal knight.
- adj. Of or relating to chivalry.
- adj. Characterized by consideration and courtesy, especially toward women.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. honourable, especially to women.
- adj. involving chivalry
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to chivalry or knight-errantry; warlike; heroic; gallant; high-spirited; high-minded; magnanimous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to chivalry or knight-errantry.
- Having the high qualities characteristic or supposed to be characteristic of chivalry; having or exhibiting high courages; knightly; gallant, magnanimous, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being attentive to women like an ideal knight
From Middle English from the Old French chevalerous; see chivalry (Wiktionary)