from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or showing the bravery and resoluteness considered characteristic of a man. See Synonyms at male.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Showing the characteristics considered typical of a man; macho or manly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Showing manliness, or manly spirit; hence, brave, courageous, resolute, noble.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having or expressing the spirit of a man; manifesting the higher qualities of manhood; courageous; noble; high-minded.
- Synonyms Manly, etc. (see masculine); stout, strong, vigorous, undaunted, intrepid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of a man
- adj. possessing qualities befitting a man
Sorry, no etymologies found.