from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or showing courage and spirit in trying circumstances. See Synonyms at brave.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having or showing pluck, courage or spirit in trying circumstances.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having pluck or courage; characterized by pluck; displaying pluck; courageous; spirited.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Possessing pluck, or spirit and courage; spirited; courageous.
- In photography, clear and bright: said of a negative or print. Gelatinobromide papers for contact-printing are so designated.
- Capable of being plucked; fracturing easily along certain planes: as, a plucky rock. See plucking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by courage and determination in the face of difficulties or danger; robust and uninhibited
- adj. showing courage
Sorry, no etymologies found.