American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having or characterized by courage; valiant. See Synonyms at brave.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Possessing or characterized by courage; brave; daring; intrepid.
- Synonyms Gallant, Valiant, etc. See brave.
- adj. Of a person, displaying or possessing courage.
- adj. Of an action, that requires courage.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Possessing, or characterized by, courage; brave; bold.
- adj. possessing or displaying courage; able to face and deal with danger or fear without flinching
- Old French corageus, from corage + -eus (Wiktionary)
“LAMB: What it takes to be -- I mean, when would you put the label courageous on?”
“The budget he put together was' - I think he used the word 'courageous' - 'in getting out there and starting the conversation,' said Craig Schoenfeld, an attorney and former George W. Bush organizer in the Gingrich camp.”
“The term courageous restraint refers to a concept which is being considered for Nato forces in Afghanistan.”
“It is the man, occasionally woman that controls the anger that is the one who is brave (I prefer the term courageous) whether he / she loses is not the ultimate goal.”
“McChrystal, the commander at the time, issued guidance on curbing the use of airstrikes and rewarded what he termed "courageous restraint" on the battlefield.”
“And, at all of them, Barack Obama really actually went after Senator McCain on this whole issue of abandoning what he calls his courageous attempts at immigration reform, because of the fact that Republican primary voters were so opposed to it.”
“Kader Asmal for what it described as his courageous unannounced visit to a Soweto school last week.”
“Manouchehr Mottaki in a news conference with the men welcomed them back and praised what he described as their courageous resistance while being held in Iraq by U.S. forces.”
“Iran's Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki in a news conference with the men welcomed them back and praised what he described as their courageous resistance while being held in Iraq by U.S. forces.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘courageous’.
Our class list of adjectives for Henry's Ma.
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
Sparkling words I love :3
themes and values
Words that important in understanding, thinking about and writing about the novel 'Parvana' by Deborah Ellis.
Looking for tweets for courageous.