from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the flavor or odor of game, especially game that is slightly spoiled.
- adj. Ill-smelling; rank.
- adj. Showing an unyielding spirit; plucky: a gamy little mare that loved to run.
- adj. Corrupt; tainted: "those considerable forces in America that appear to be tired of the old politics (particularly the gamy municipal variety)” ( Tom Wicker).
- adj. Sordid; seamy.
- adj. Sexually suggestive; racy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of gamey.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the flavor of game, esp. of game kept uncooked till near the condition of tainting; high-flavored.
- adj. Showing an unyielding spirit to the last; plucky; furnishing sport.
- adj. Same as gamey.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the flavor of game; having a flavor as of game kept uncooked till it is slightly tainted, when it is held by connoisseurs to be in proper condition for the table: as, the venison was in fine gamy condition.
- Spirited; plucky; game: as, a gamy little fellow.
- Also, less correctly, spelled gamey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. willing to face danger
- adj. suggestive of sexual impropriety
- adj. (used of the smell of meat) smelling spoiled or tainted
Sorry, no etymologies found.