from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Making, or willing to make, a self-sacrifice.
- v. Present participle of self-sacrifice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Yielding up one's own interest, feelings, etc; sacrificing one's self.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Yielding up one's own selfish interest, feelings, etc.; sacrificing one's egotistical to one's altruistic desires.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. willing to deprive yourself
Sorry, no etymologies found.