American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Pleasing; attractive.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of a nature to attract liking; apt to be liked: as, a likable disposition.
- adj. Capable of being liked.
- adj. of a person Having qualities tending to result in being liked; friendly, personable.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Such as can be liked; such as to attract liking; easy to like; evoking sympathy.
- adj. disposed to please.
- adj. (of characters in literature or drama) evoking empathic or sympathetic feelings
- adj. easy to like; agreeable.
- like + -able (Wiktionary)
“To look at this step from another angle -- _if you would be likable, you must find other men likable_.”
“Sooner or later it will become evident to most voters that being likable is not the same as being a good leader.”
“CBS got two playoff holes Sunday — any overtime action helps TV sports ratings — and a sturdy storyline in likable Kenny Perry, 48, aiming to become the oldest Masters winner.”
“Murkowski said she can't endorse Miller, who she says has espoused ideas outside the mainstream, or Scott McAdams, the Democratic challenger and small-town mayor she calls likable but inexperienced.”
“Mickolai's character, though ultimately likable, is at times annoyingly flawless in his morals, military acumen, and financial wizardry.”
“I’m about to really introduce my antagonist and the advice to make him likable is something I guess I knew, but hadn’t thought of in terms of my writing.”
“I'm sure much of the draw is nostalgia, but I've even grown to like some of the later shorts, so I think there's something intrinsic to the whole thing that is just plain likable.”
“It's a good story with very good characters, but not necessarily good as in likable.”
“The characterization is also much better than in the previous book and Kate herself is much more likable, which is good since she is the first person narrator of the story.”
“None of the characters in "Small Crimes" can be considered likable, which is one reason Zeltserman had such a hard time selling the book.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘likable’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for likable.