from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having strong appeal; enticing: a tempting repast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. attractive, appealing, enticing
- adj. seductive, alluring, inviting
- v. Present participle of tempt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Adapted to entice or allure; attractive; alluring; seductive; enticing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That tempts, entices, or allures; attractive; seductive: as, tempting pleasures.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. highly attractive and able to arouse hope or desire
- adj. very pleasantly inviting
Sorry, no etymologies found.