American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Greatly pleasing; delightful.
- adj. Greatly pleasing to the taste; delicious. See Synonyms at delicious.
- n. Something delightful or delicious: a feast of home-cooked delectables.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Delightful, especially to any of the senses; highly pleasing; charming; affording great enjoyment or pleasure: as, “delectable bowers,”
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Highly pleasing; delightful.
- adj. extremely pleasing to the sense of taste; same as luscious, 1.
- adj. extremely pleasing to the sense of taste
- adj. capable of arousing desire
- From Medieval Latin delectare ("to delight"). (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Old French, from Latin dēlectābilis, from dēlectāre, to please; see delight. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Swift half visions of her loveliness – of certain delectable details of her face or figure flitted always before him.”
“Well may that land be called delectable and a fructuous land, that was be-bled and moisted with the precious blood of our”
“At any rate it pleased us to recall the delectable lines:”
“I'm torn between trying to do an Iain Dale style "locked in contemplation" pic or a Kerron Cross style "delectable" pic.”
“She did not know what "delectable" meant, but it sounded good; and mountains, though she had never seen more of them than a far blue line, had always pleased her fancy.”
“It was a "delectable" country -- yes, that was the meaning of the word that had puzzled her ....”
“Thus Carey sought to turn to Christ the twelve millions of Hindoos who, from Western India above and below the great coast-range known as the Sahyadri or "delectable" mountains, had nearly wrested the whole peninsula from the Mohammedans, and had almost anticipated the life-giving rule of the British, first at Panipat and then as Assye.”
“These simple-to-prepare recipes for the kind of delectable dishes people crave but feel they can't eat when trying to be healthy and trim, actually can be the basis of a personal weight-loss plan.”
“These simple-to-prepare recipes for the kind of delectable dishes people crave but feel they can't eat when trying to be healthy and trim, actually can be the basis of”
“The Middle East is renowned for delectable treats such as clove-studded and honey-drenched baklava, or crunchier, sesame seed–packed barazek.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘delectable’.
Beautiful, attractive, well-formed
Ugly, unattractive, malformed
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words that mean cool things
most vocab in the textbook Page till end chapter 2.
Got unknown words randomly
Looking for tweets for delectable.