American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having the flavor, aroma, or quality of spice.
- adj. Piquant; zesty: a spicy tomato sauce.
- adj. Producing or abounding in spices.
- adj. High-spirited; lively.
- adj. Slightly scandalous; risqué: a spicy Hollywood romance.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Producing spice; abounding with spices.
- Having the qualities of spice; flavored with spice; fragrant; aromatic: as, spicy plants.
- Highly flavored; pungent; keen; pointed; racy: as, a spicy letter or debate.
- Stylish; showy; smart in appearance: as, a spicy garment; to look spicy.
- Synonyms Racy, Spicy. See racy.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or containing spice.
- adj. Piquant; provoking a burning sensation due to the presence of chillies or similar spices.
- adj. of tastes or scents Tangy, zesty, or pungent.
- adj. of expression or behavior Vigorous; colorful; stimulating.
- adj. Risqué, sexy, racy; mildly pornographic.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Flavored with, or containing, spice or spices; fragrant; aromatic.
- adj. Producing, or abounding with, spices.
- adj. Fig.: Piquant; racy.
- adj. having an agreeably pungent taste
- adj. producing a burning sensation on the taste nerves
- adj. suggestive of sexual impropriety
“I loved what they call spicy pepper salad, which I thought at first was an overdue reunion with giardiniera.”
“Early favorite toppings include those with the word "spicy" in them: spicy red curry sauce, spicy charred corn and the even spicier long beans.”
“Just south of West Kentucky Avenue sits a patch of dirt that has given a couple dozen middle schoolers a taste of such exotic items as radishes, eggplant and what they call spicy lettuce”
“Last note: that greenish-brown hot sauce is a frickin spicy muther.”
“Fish in spicy tomato sauce: Pescado a la veracruzana”
“Fish in spicy tomato sauce: Pescado a la veracruzana by”
“Fish in spicy tomato sauce: Pescado a la veracruzana: Mexican Recipe”
“Cho Cang Gol Son Doo Boo Jun Gol ($34.95, but can serve up to 4) at Cho Dang Gol (35th between 5th and 6th) — This soup features three types of handmade tofu w/potato, mushroom & squash in spicy broth with or without beef.”
“In a small cup, combine a good splash of vinegar (I used about a tablespoon or two) (I used my herb vinegar) and stir in spicy mustard (a shy tablespoon).”
“Another way to fry it is with crushed tortilla chips, marinated in spicy buttermilk and served with poblano tartar sauce.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘spicy’.
In this area of expertise nouns are frequently used as adjectives (almond, bacon, cider, diesel, fennel, fresh-cut hay, wool) or new adjectives are formed (appley, berrylike, citrusy, full-bodied, ...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Fragrant things and terms that describe them. Generic names of botanical binomials aren't capitalized if the unconventional lower case form has a useful Wordnik definition. I'm primarily seeking te...
What a -Y does to an otherwise common, dull word
A list of 2048 common English adjectives that could be used to create plausible, memorable random phrases.
I'm going to use this list in a password generator, inspired by big, small, happy, sad, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, near, far and 19 more...
My big word list.
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
when describing about taste and flavour
Looking for tweets for spicy.