from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to nip: an exuberant, nippy puppy.
- adj. Sharp or biting: nippy cheese.
- adj. Bitingly cold: a nippy fall day.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of the weather, rather cold.
- adj. fast; speedy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pleasantly cold and invigorating; -- of weather conditions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Biting; sharp; acid: as, ginger has a nippy taste.
- Curt in manner; snappy or snappish.
- Parsimonious; niggardly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. a sharp biting taste
- adj. pleasantly cold and invigorating
nip + -y (Wiktionary)