from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Likely to tip or tilt: a tippy racing shell; a tippy card table.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Fashionable, tip-top.
- adj. In the height of fashion, excellent, cool.
- adj. Clever, neat, smart.
- adj. Of tea, having a large amount of tips, or leaf buds.
- n. A dandy.
- adj. Tending to tip or tilt over; unstable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Liable to tip; given to tipping or tumbling; wabbling; unsteady.
- Characterized by a tipping action or movement, as a person; hence, gingerly; smart; fine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of boats) inclined to heel over easily under sail
Mr. Blagojevich may be the first governor to use the expression tippy-toes anywhere in a legislature address, let alone as a verb.
I'll tell you, you have no idea what a joy it is to see her in Washington, with all those other politicians kind of tippy-toeing around and trying to be just careful, you know.
Anyone who's been in kayak knows how 'tippy' they are so when she went over, I soon followed.
It looks so "tippy" as it is -- I feel like our cats would make short work of it!
"Everybody is kind of tippy-toeing into this," said Chris Henrickson, president of Lewis Funeral Chapel of Bremerton in Washington state.
Early Jeeps with similar dimensions were more than a bit 'tippy' on the street, as were some early Jeep-like cars from Suzuki and Daihatsu.
If Bi-Partisan means permanent tax cuts for those at the tippy-top, well we tried that.
Also, I get extra credit for taking this baby picture because the hayrack is hung so high, it was a matter of standing on my tippy toes, holding the camera above my head and pushing the button.
"We have already been to zee tippy top, mein herr!" utters one of the blond-headed brutes.
At the tippy-top of the pyramid is David Woolson (right), listed as "general manager," at $197,193.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.