from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Likely to tip or tilt: a tippy racing shell; a tippy card table.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Fashionable, tip-top.
- adj. In the height of fashion, excellent, cool.
- adj. Clever, neat, smart.
- adj. Of tea, having a large amount of tips, or leaf buds.
- n. A dandy.
- adj. Tending to tip or tilt over; unstable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Liable to tip; given to tipping or tumbling; wabbling; unsteady.
- Characterized by a tipping action or movement, as a person; hence, gingerly; smart; fine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of boats) inclined to heel over easily under sail
1790, tip (“apex”) + -y. Sense of “clever” may be influenced by tip ("n., inside information"). (Wiktionary)
1886, tip (“knock over”) + -y. (Wiktionary)