from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a pleasant odor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sweet-smelling; having a pleasant (usually strong) scent or fragrance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Affecting the olfactory nerves agreeably; sweet of smell; odorous; having or emitting an agreeable perfume.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Affecting the sense of smell in a pleasing manner; having a noticeable perfume, especially an agreeable one: often used figuratively.
- Synonyms Sweet-smelling, sweet-scented, balmy, odorous, odoriferous, perfumed, redolent; spicy, aromatic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pleasant-smelling
Middle English, from Latin frāgrāns, frāgrant-, past participle of frāgrāre, to emit an odor.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin fragrāns, present active participle of fragrō ("I smell"). (Wiktionary)