from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Appealing to or stimulating the appetite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That appeals to, or stimulates the appetite.
- v. Present participle of appetize.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Exciting appetite.
- adv. So as to excite appetite.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Exciting an appetite; giving a relish for food: as, “it could not be very appetizing,” Mrs. Gaskell. Hence— Stimulating or awakening any desire; exciting interest or curiosity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. appealing to or stimulating the appetite especially in appearance or aroma
Calque of French appétissant, -ant being equivalent to -ing. See also appetite (Wiktionary)