from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impossible to resist: an irresistible impulse to sneeze.
- adj. Having an overpowering appeal: irresistible beauty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not able to be resisted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That can not be successfully resisted or opposed; superior to opposition; resistless; overpowering.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not resistible; incapable of being successfully resisted or opposed; superior to resistance or repulsion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. overpoweringly attractive
- adj. impossible to resist; overpowering
ir- + resistible (Wiktionary)