from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Treating all parts or aspects without omission; thorough: an exhaustive study.
- adj. Tending to exhaust.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Including every possible element.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Serving or tending to exhaust; exhibiting all the facts or arguments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Exhausting; tending to exhaust; exhausting all parts or phases; thorough: specifically applied to a disquisition, treatise, criticism, etc., which treats of a subject in such a way as to leave no part of it unexamined.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. performed comprehensively and completely
Sorry, no etymologies found.