from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impossible to overcome or overthrow by force.
- adj. Impossible to put aside or drive away: inexpugnable dislike.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Impossible to eliminate or destroy; impregnable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Incapable of being subdued by force; impregnable; unconquerable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not expugnable; that cannot be overcome by force, nor taken by assault; unconquerable; impregnable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. incapable of being overcome, challenged or refuted
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin inexpugnābilis : in-, not; see in-1 + expugnābilis, capable of being overcome (from expugnāre : ex-, completely; see ex- + pugnāre, to fight; see impugn).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
in- + expugn + -able (Wiktionary)