American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Impossible to overcome or defeat: unconquerable obstacles to success; an unconquerable faith.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not conquerable; incapable of being vanquished or defeated; not to be overcome in contest: as, an unconquerable foe.
- Incapable of being subdued and brought under control: as, unconquerable passions or temper.
- Synonyms Invincible, indomitable. See conquer.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not conquerable; indomitable.
- adj. incapable of being surmounted or excelled
- adj. not capable of being conquered or vanquished or overcome
“Then you believe more in a big army, and in what they call our unconquerable Navy, than in Almighty God?”
“From the ashes of every pyre sprang the Jewish Law in unfading youth -- that indestructible, ineradicable mentality and hope, which opponents are wont to call unconquerable Jewish defiance.”
“I will not lower her by calling her unconquerable, for she has never been assailed; but I call her ever-victorious.”
“Decade after decade, the unforgettable lines of the poem Invictus, "unconquerable," were on Mandela's lips:”
“Cut off as we are by the nature of the body, God has yet given us, in the midst of all this evil, virtue the unconquerable, meaningless in a state of tranquil safety but everything where its absence would be peril of fall.”
“But he was just as much "unconquerable" among them as in the Church.”
“Worse even than this, the "unconquerable," though not conquered, had been checked, and that, too, not in a corner, as in Spain or at Eylau, but in the sight of all Europe, on a field chosen by himself.”
“But though Himself in His sinless nature "unconquerable" by temptation -- immutably secure from the world's malignant influences, it is all worthy of note, as an example to us, that He never unnecessarily braved these.”
“Invictus: this song has a name that is Latin for 'unconquerable' or 'undefeated'.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unconquerable’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Vocabulary building for my quest of GRE 2013
Looking for tweets for unconquerable.