from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impossible to slake or satisfy: unquenchable thirst.
- adj. Impossible to suppress or destroy: unquenchable enthusiasm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That cannot be quenched.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not quenchable; incapable of being quenched, extinguished, allayed, or the like: as, unquenchable fire, thirst, etc.
- n. That which cannot be quenched; figuratively, one whose zeal cannot be quenched.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. impossible to quench
Sorry, no etymologies found.