from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impossible to remove, erase, or wash away; permanent: indelible ink.
- adj. Making a mark not easily erased or washed away: an indelible pen for labeling clothing.
- adj. Unable to be forgotten; memorable: an indelible memory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having the quality of being difficult to remove, wash away, blot out, or efface;
- adj. incapable of being canceled, lost, or forgotten.
- adj. incapable of being annulled
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That can not be removed, washed away, blotted out, or effaced; incapable of being canceled, lost, or forgotten
- adj. That can not be annulled; indestructible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not deleble; not to be blotted out; incapable of being effaced or obliterated.
- Not to be annulled.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. cannot be removed or erased
Alteration of earlier indeleble, from Latin indēlēbilis : in-, not; see in-1 + dēlēbilis, capable of being effaced (from dēlēre, to wipe out).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin indelebilis "indestructible" (Wiktionary)