from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or written in runes.
- n. The Germanic language of the oldest runic inscriptions from northern Europe, dating to between the third and sixth centuries A.D., and considered by some to be close to or identical with the putative common ancestor of the North and West Germanic languages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or written using runes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a rune, to runes, or to the Norsemen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, consisting in, or characteristic of runes.
- Inscribed with runes.
- Resembling in style the work of the early civilization of the north of Europe.
- n. A distinctive style of printing-type.
- n. These types are of RUNIC face.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or consisting of runes
Sorry, no etymologies found.