from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or characteristic of the poetic style of Pindar.
- adj. Of or characteristic of a Pindaric ode.
- n. A Pindaric ode.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Pindar
- n. An ode of an irregular form erroneously derived from Pindar, popular in the late 17th and early 18th centuries.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Pindar, the Greek lyric poet; after the style and manner of Pindar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Pindar, one of the first of Greek lyric poets (about 522 to 448 b. c.), or resembling or characteristic of his style.
- n. An ode in imitation of the odes of Pindar; an ode in irregular or constantly changing meter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ode form used by Pindar; has triple groups of triple units
Sorry, no etymologies found.