from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or having the nature of an idyll.
- adj. Simple and carefree: an idyllic vacation in a seashore cottage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to idylls.
- adj. Extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque.
- n. An idyllic state or situation. (A substantive use of the adjective)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or belonging to idyls.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or belonging to descriptive or pastoral poetry; having the form or sentiment of an idyl.
- In sympathy with what is rural or pastoral; suitable for an idyl; fit to be related or described in an idyl: as, an idyllic custom; an idyllic experience.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. suggestive of an idyll; charmingly simple and serene
- adj. excellent and delightful in all respects
Sorry, no etymologies found.