from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not subject to termination or death; immortal: deathless renown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Undying or immortal.
- adj. Of a work of art or literature: conspicuously excellent, of the highest order, guaranteed not to be lost or forgotten.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not subject to death, destruction, or extinction; immortal; undying; imperishable
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not subject to death or destruction; immortal: as, deathless beings.
- Unceasing; unending; perpetual: as, deathless fame.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. never dying
a fearful remodeling that removed every Victorian feature and left it clad in deathless yellow siding.
-- Judy, with a sense of Romance called deathless; Tim, with a taste for
Let me find that which is changeless, which is deathless, which is without sorrow, which is unborn and undying, that is a true refuge.
"How can we give unless we have gold, treasures, a hoard such as deathless vikings can heap up?"
I know my heart gave a great fiery leap as I saw them, for the faces that met me were fine, vigourous, and comely, while burning everywhere through their ripe maturity shone the ardours of youth and a kind of deathless enthusiasm.
Least likely to: Be enjoyed by white zombies, or indeed any kind of deathless creature of the night.
Either change the tense to present or drop perpetuity and use another word like "deathless"
It was received by one below-the-line commenter with the deathless observation: Give it up Guardian.
For Poetry Friday, here's some of the deathless verse of Dr. Charles Jewett, as published in the Almanac of the American Temperance Union, for 1842, recently acquired by the Boston Athenaeum.
Forty long years of persecution followed, for Chong Mong-ju's hatred of the Lady Om and me was deathless.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.