from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling the amaranth.
- adj. Eternally beautiful and unfading; everlasting.
- adj. Deep purple-red.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dark reddish purple colour.
- adj. Of a dark reddish purple colour
- adj. unfading, eternal, immortal, infinite
- adj. relating to the imaginary amaranth flower that never fades
- adj. relating to, or having the form of plants of the genus Amaranthus
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to amaranth.
- adj. Unfading, as the poetic amaranth; undying.
- adj. Of a purplish color.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the amaranth; consisting of, containing, or resembling amaranth.
- Never-fading, like the amaranth of the poets; imperishable.
- Of a purplish color. Also written amarantine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or related to the amaranth plant
- adj. of an imaginary flower that never fades
From amaranth, referring to the color of the flowers (Wiktionary)