from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A child's riding toy that consists of a long stick with an imitation horse's head on one end.
- n. See rocking horse.
- n. A figure of a horse worn attached to the waist of a mummer, as in a morris dance.
- n. A person wearing such a figure.
- n. A favorite hobby.
- n. A topic that one frequently brings up or dwells on; a fixation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of hobby horse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a topic to which one constantly reverts
- n. a child's plaything consisting of an imitation horse mounted on rockers; the child straddles it and pretends to ride
Sorry, no etymologies found.