from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A spring that is the source or head of a stream.
- n. A chief and copious source; an originator: "the intellectual fountainhead of the black conservatives” ( Jerrold K. Footlick).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a spring that is the source of a river
- n. an abundant source of knowledge, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an abundant source.
- n. the source of water from which a stream arises.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fountain or spring from which a stream of water flows; the head or source of a stream; hence, primary source in general; original.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an abundant source
- n. the source of water from which a stream arises
Sorry, no etymologies found.