from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The source of a well or stream.
- n. A principal source; a fountainhead.
- n. The structure built over a well.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The surface structure of an oil well etc
- n. The source of water for a stream or well
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A source, spring, or fountain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The source of a natural well or spring.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a structure built over a well
- n. the source of water for a well
Sorry, no etymologies found.