from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rhythmic ballroom dance that originated in Latin America.
- intransitive v. To perform this dance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A ballroom dance to a Latin American rhythm.
- n. The music for this dance.
- v. To dance the cha-cha.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a modern ballroom dance from Latin America; it uses two slow steps followed by three quick small steps, with swaying movements of the hips, and has many variations of movements based on that rhythm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. dance the cha-cha
- n. a modern ballroom dance from Latin America; small steps and swaying movements of the hips
American Spanish chachachá, of imitative origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)