American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A rhythmic ballroom dance that originated in Latin America.
- v. To perform this dance.
- n. A ballroom dance to a Latin American rhythm.
- n. The music for this dance.
- v. intransitive To dance the cha-cha.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a modern ballroom dance from Latin America; it uses two slow steps followed by three quick small steps, with swaying movements of the hips, and has many variations of movements based on that rhythm.
- v. dance the cha-cha
- n. a modern ballroom dance from Latin America; small steps and swaying movements of the hips
- American Spanish chachachá, of imitative origin. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The workouts here each feature one Latin dance style -- cha-cha, salsa, merengue, samba or rhumba.”
“You learn moves derived from the cha-cha, samba and jive, Ross says.”
“The cha-cha — making it straight-legged and technically perfect.”
“The Disney star has her work cut out for her this week: Besides two individual routines, she will face off with the other three couples in a winner-takes-all cha-cha with 15 points on the line.”
“Are you more focused on the individual dances or the cha-cha?”
“This is the third time all of you will be doing the cha-cha.”
“Kane: Laughs The cha-cha has made a lot of appearances this year!”
“Noelle grabbed me up in her arms and, with an incredibly straight face, started to lead me in what I think was a cha-cha.”
“Our cha-cha is just going to be a straight-out cha-cha.”
“She picked the team's song "Tonight" by Enrique Iglesias... which is now Auto-Tuned for a futuristic cha-cha?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cha-cha’.
Words formed in imitation of the sound of the things they signify.
A list generated by Phrontistery
which I wanted to have along with my own lists on Wordnik
Exactly reduplicated words connected by a hyphen.
Words I'm learning or investigating that I found by reading Life Expectancy (not all words are in the book).
Words formed in imitation of a natural sound.
Styles of dance
Looking for tweets for cha-cha.