from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Dyed twice; thoroughly or intensely coloured.
- adj. Firmly fixed in opinions or habits.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Dyed twice; thoroughly or intensely colored; hence; firmly fixed in opinions or habits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Twice dyed.
- Hence Deeply imbued, as with guilt; thorough; complete: as, a double-dyed villain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers
Sorry, no etymologies found.