from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Continually recurring to the mind; unforgettable: a haunting melody.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of haunt.
- n. A particular instance of haunting; a ghostly habitation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The appearance or visitation of disembodied spirits.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. continually recurring to the mind
- adj. having a deeply disquieting or disturbing effect
Sorry, no etymologies found.