from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impossible to surmount; insuperable: insurmountable difficulties.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Incapable of being passed over, surmounted, or overcome; insuperable; as, insurmountable difficulty or obstacle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Incapable of being passed over, surmounted, or overcome; insuperable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not surmountable; incapable of being surmounted, passed over, or overcome.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. impossible to surmount
- adj. not capable of being surmounted or overcome
Sorry, no etymologies found.