from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be counted: countable items; countable sins.
- adj. Mathematics That can be put into a one-to-one correspondence with the positive integers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being counted; having a quantity or a numerical attribute.
- adj. Having a bijection with a subset of the natural numbers.
- adj. Countably infinite; having a bijection with the natural numbers.
- adj. Freely usable with the indefinite article and with numbers, and therefore having a plural form.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being numbered.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being counted, numbered, or reckoned.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. that can be counted
to count + -able (Wiktionary)