from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impossible to answer or refute; incontrovertible: unanswerable accusations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not answerable; impossible to answer.
- adj. Impossible to dispute or rebut; irrefutable; conclusive.
- n. Something that cannot be answered.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not answerable; irrefutable; conclusive; decisive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not to be satisfactorily answered; not susceptible of refutation: as, an unanswerable argument.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. impossible to answer
un- + answerable (Wiktionary)